The Lost Treasure

 One day as I was riding my cycle, returning from school, I saw something stuck under a rock. I picked it up and found a treasure map underneath. I wanted to find one. So I quickly rode my cycle home and rushed to the telephone. I called my good friend Amaira and asked her if she could come with me on a Treasure hunt. She said yes.

So I packed some food for us and started to follow the map. Surprisingly, it led us to a dead-end!
"We followed this map and skipped doing our homework for nothing! Miss Geeta will be so angry at," Amaira said.
I was disappointed and went to feel the wall. "Well, may not be that angry if we tell the truth" - I stumbled and went straight through the wall before finishing the sentence.
"It was an illusion," said Amaira.
We hopped on to our bikes going through. Cycling on a little later, we stopped and had something to eat. As we were about to get up, we saw a fairy realizing the illusion was a portal to a magical land.
We went over to the fairy and asked her where we were. She told us to follow the path up the mountains, past the grumpy trolls who will help us locate the treasure. We continued our climb-up, happy that we had brought along our cycles. Thankfully, there were no demons or monsters in this fairyland, and we reached our destination with ease.
The trolls posed us several riddles. We answered them correctly, prompting them to give each one of us a heart-shaped locket with a note which said, "Respect, value, treasure your parents and grand-parents. Cherish their presence in your life, their advice, and their opinions".
Poof! We were back at our homes amongst our favorite treasures!

By-ADITI JOSHI

Grade-4

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Favourite Subject Is Math

My Secret Santa

WORLD VETERINARY DAY