Dear Diary,

I am very excited to meet you today......
I am going to tell you how I spent my Sunday it was not an ordinary Sunday it was Dussehra Sunday.........like Cherry on the cake.
I spent my time helping my parents prepare for the pooja and the rest of the day I spent the time enjoying my work what I liked to do. Surprisingly I forgot it was Dussehra until my mom told. When I woke up from my sleep, or let me tell you like this that my dad woke me up he urged me to get myself brushed and freshen up, I quietly followed my dad's instructions I headed straight into the hall and sat on the sofa to read the newspaper but unluckily, I didn’t get time for that. Why? Because my mom wanted me to help her!
So, now it was cleaning and dusting time, the time I set my hands in the work…..
First, my mom sweetly and politely told actually reminded me that it was Dussehra and I need to help her. Oh, how easy this helping task will be I thought but I did a great mistake, thinking it was easy. My mom gave me a half foot list! Oh, how disappointing! and how poor little girl I am, but my best and sweet mummy gave me a yummy and delicious breakfast I couldn't help myself with the hmmmmm aroma! I started eating hurriedly my mom told me that I can eat patiently after I had a tummy-filling breakfast, I started with my work. First, she wanted me to wash the pooja vessels after I washed them, I kept flowers on the pictures and idols of god. Then she told me about the work I needed to do after I finished the list. As it was Sunday, my dad stayed at the home. We all distributed the work among ourselves. After a great time of hard work, we successfully made the pooja preparations and celebrated at the right time. I also helped my dad to tie the flower garlands at the doorstep. My mom also made a beautiful rangoli.
After we were done with the pooja, we had a hearty meal, which my mom made. She made us sweet payasam and round and fluffy vadas, which looked like small size doughnuts. We couldn't go to the temple because of the covid 19 pandemics, but we celebrated happily at the home. We also traditionally ate lunch on banana leaves after the heartiest meal I started my day.
First, I read the newspaper, which I longed to do. Then I made drawings and colored them. Then I read the storybook and honestly I studied, I went out for a walk with my dad. I also wrote a blog. I enjoyed my work, which I did. But if I tell you, the work I did in the morning was not bad, and I could tell that it was a great time- spending!.......with the family members.
oh !!! I am sleepy and a bit tired now see you tomorrow my friend!
Bye! !!!!!!
By- Kavinaya Anand 
Grade 5 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Favourite Subject Is Math

My Secret Santa

WORLD VETERINARY DAY