Facts of Animal Kingdom

 Author: Aditi Joshi

Hello, friends am back Diwali holidays with a brand new blog on facts about animals.
I have been extremely fond of animals since I was little and have learned a lot about them from my parents, grandparents, and several animal and bird books that have been stocked up in our bookshelves at home!

These days time permitting, I watch my favorite TV Show - The Kratt Brothers, and their animated series from where I learned that Flamingoes are not pink. In fact, they are born grey, their diet of brine shrimp and blue-green algae contains a natural pink dye that makes their feathers pink. Amazing, isn't that!

On their return from Canada, my grandfather who had seen plenty of hummingbirds in my uncle's garden chipped in on the fact that Hummingbirds are the only known birds that can also fly backward and do so often when retreating away from flowers.

Another episode from another interesting cartoon that I used to watch earlier (and sometimes still watch) - The Octonauts - taught me that the loudest animal in the world is a mere 2 cm long, prawn! Would you believe that - a Pistol Shrimp is capable of snapping it’s claw shut so rapidly, that it creates a bubble which collapses to produce a sonic blast, louder than the airplane Corncode’s sonic boom?

While they would be so many others, these were some of the most interesting ones. Last but not least, is something that I can only dream of, sleeping for 22 hours like the koalas!!!

By - Aditi Joshi


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Favourite Subject Is Math

My Secret Santa

WORLD VETERINARY DAY