MY IMAGINARY INSECT

 Hello friends, I am back with my blog with an interesting topic!

As I like reading and learning about bugs and insects it would be fun to write about MY IMAGINARY INSECT! The insect world is wonderful as it is made of royals like queens, princesses and the rest made up of warriors, gatherers, and builders as well as solitary individuals.
Praying mantis, stick insects, beetles, bees, and spiders are some which I like the most.
To help me with my thoughts on MY IMAGINARY INSECT, I rely upon the wonderful 3D Bugs and Insects book with pop-ups set in different insect habitats that we have at home. Also, the beetle "Gaston - The Lady Bug" from Ben & Holly and "Maya" from Maya & The Bees animation series are amongst my favorites TV shows.
This IMAGINARY INSECT has beautiful but large butterfly wings with leafy green color to act as a camouflage. It has a vicious stinger like the hornets as well as a horn-like 'horn/rhino beetle for its defense. It has 100 legs like the centipede with the front two legs being shorter than the rest like the praying mantis to attack its prey.
Its day vision is very poor because it is a nocturnal insect and can sense its surroundings with infrared thermal radiation like the snake.
Its favorite food is eating all varieties of ants - red & black, carpenter, wood, and acrobat ants but relishes the most dangerous of them the fire and bulldog ants.
Finally, I would like to end by saying what we have studied - insects are an important part of the food chain and vital for pollination (creation) and also getting rid of the waste. So IMAGINARY or NOT we need to ensure their survival.
By- ADITI JOSHI

By- ADITI JOSHI

Grade 4

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Favourite Subject Is Math

My Secret Santa

WORLD VETERINARY DAY