Republic Day

 Good evening friends, I am back with yet another blog. Like everyone else, I too was very excited upon learning the topic of the blog - The Republic Day of India.

Having studied and read on the topic, it looked to be a fairly easy task. But having sat down to write about it, I realized that my knowledge on the topic was fairly limited to the date - 26 January and that a country that has a President to rule it.

I was determined to find a little more about the topic at hand. So I asked my father who promptly made me open the heavy Marriam Webster Dictionary to first read and understand the definition which I quote "a government having a chief of state who is not a monarch (king or queen) and who in modern times is usually a president". He further explained that the United States of America is a prime example cited as both democracy and a republic in which the supreme power is held by the people and used by them directly or indirectly through representation.

India on the other hand is fairly unique celebrating both Independence Day and Republic Day. While India's Independence Day celebrates its freedom from British Rule, Republic Day celebrates the coming into force of its constitution.

It honors the date on which the Constitution of India came into effect on 26 January 1950 replacing the Government of India Act as the governing document of India and thus, turning the nation into a newly formed republic.

The grandeur of the Republic Day of India is visible in the grand parade showcasing the might of Indian armed forces and the cultural heritage of India through various decorated floats organized by the many different States. It is held along Rajpath, beginning from the Rashtrapati Bhavan (President's Palace) and moving on to Rajpath past India Gate and proceeding to the Red Fort

By- Aditi Joshi

Grade -4

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Favourite Subject Is Math

My Secret Santa

WORLD VETERINARY DAY