Holi

 Author: Kirti Gada

My name is Kirti Gada.

My favorite festival is Holi. Holi is the festival of colors. Holi is celebrated as the victory of good over evil. It is celebrated in March.

The festival is celebrated in honor of Prahlad. Prahlad always prayed to God. Prahlad's father, Harinyakashyap, was a cruel king. He wanted his son to pray to him and not to God. but Prahlad did not obey his father. This made his father angry. Prahlad was asked to sit on the lap of his aunt Holika. Holika set fire on herself. Holika was burnt.but, prahlad was unharmed.

On this day, a bonfire is lit in the streets. people throw colors on one another. children love this festival.

I like this festival very much.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Favourite Subject Is Math

My Secret Santa

WORLD VETERINARY DAY